This COVID-19 Emergency Relief $50M Grant Fund offers working capital to assist Maryland small businesses and nonprofits with disrupted operations due to COVID-19. Grant assistance is intended to provide interim relief complementing actions with its bank, business interruption insurance, and financial partners.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Grants up to $10,000 not to exceed 3 months of cash operating expenses for Maryland businesses and nonprofits impacted by the COVID-19 with 50 or fewer employees.
- Must be established prior to March 9, 2020.
- Business must be in good standing.
- Applicants must have employees on their payroll for whom they have had payroll taxes withheld (i.e. W-2 employees).
- Annual Revenues of the business or nonprofit not to exceed $5 million as evidenced by Financial Statement or other financial documentation.
- Business or nonprofit is expected to seek longer term funding through its bank, SBA, or other source.
- Eligible uses include: working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, or other similar expenses that occur in the ordinary course of operations.
The business or nonprofit must demonstrate financial stress or disrupted operations, which may include but are not limited to:
- Notices from tenants closing operations and not paying rent caused by loss of income.
- Notice of inability to make loan payments due to reduced sales, suspended operations.
- Increased cost related to COVID-19 prevention measures.
- Notice of disrupted supply network leading to shortage of critical inventory or materials.
- Other circumstances subject to review on a case by case basis.
Click here to apply.
For more information about this COVID-19 grant fund, send an email to the Commerce COVID-19 Team Assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.